Packt Publishing is an UK-based publisher of many books on IT, including books on Blender 3D, The Gimp, Inkscape. It is currently running a special offer on select books for the month of April. Discounts are 20% off for print books and 30% off for ebooks.
This is a first list of interesting tutorials I have found on the net:
- A tutorial on the Blender 2.5 interface: http://bit.ly/dgysWY
- This is not a tutorial, rather a full course: Blender 3D Design Course http://bit.ly/cKXPcQ
- These tutorials by Machinimatrix are targeted to Second Life users: The Meshes trail (part I – III) http://bit.ly/9JX4Sl
- How to create a realistic medium poly tree: http://bit.ly/czdnL2
- While the subject appears to be less interesting, I recommend this tutorial for the techniques used. Mostly project painting, a technique that Second Life builders will find useful: Creating a Wooden Barrel: http://bit.ly/dkKT2d
- Introduction to texture nodes in Blender: http://bit.ly/9GJDWN
- A 4-parts tutorial on how to create low-poly terrain, excellent for landscapes: Create a Rocky Video Game Terrain in Blender http://bit.ly/9HzC6y
I will post more as I find them. Stay tuned.